By the time our esthetician, Pooja Patel, is done with you, you will be ready for a night out on the town or to take a beautiful sunny vacation. Between hair removal, eyelashes, makeup, facials and a henna tattoo, your friends won’t recognize you. The spa section of Rain makes us a one stop shop for your relaxation and beauty needs. Visit Pooja’s website – Miss Brow
Microblading eyebrows is a form of permanent makeup that creates natural, beautiful eyebrows with a handheld microblade. It’s perfect for people who want to define, darken or reshape their eyebrows.
Microblading is a form of eyebrow tattooing But unlike traditional tattooing, which uses a machine, microblading artists apply each hairstroke with a handheld microblade. This produces a very fine line that resembles real hair. Each individual hairstroke is hand drawn by the artist and blended in with the client’s existing eyebrow hair.
Microblading typically takes two appointments to complete. Each appointment takes about 4-6 weeks to complete heeling process. Results can be gorgeous if followed by proper aftercare.
- Each Appointment duration: 2.5 to 3 hr
- Numbing: Topical lidocaine
- Pain level: Minimal
- Healing time: 2 weeks
- How long does it last? 12 to 18 months
- Recommend touch up: At 6 to 8 weeks, after initial service.
- When can you get second application? – Anytime after 8 month of initial service.
- Do I need to get my eyebrows groomed after Microblading? – Yes, you may can wait longer between your grooming sessions.
- Appointment policy – $100 non refundable Deposit fee
- Service provider – Pooja Patel
- Cost: Please call 704-488-1350 for current prices.
If you are currently using any of the following prescription medications, you cannot receive a waxing service. Discontinue use of these medications for a minimum of three (3) months prior to waxing.
***The exception is Accutane: You must be off this medication for a minimum of one (1) year prior to waxing.
- Accutane (Acne medication)
- Adapalene (Acne medication)
- Alustra (Retin A)
- Avage (Acne medication)
- Avita (Retin A)
- Azelex (Peeling agent)
- Differin (Acne medication)
- Isotretinoin (like Accutane)
- Renova (Retin A)
- Retin A (Acne and Anti-aging medication)
- Tazarac (Acne medication)
- Tazarotene (Tazorac)
- Tretinoin (Retin A)
~ Use Extreme Caution and Inform Us…
If you are using any of the following. The following products can make your skin more sensitive. Thin, sensitive skin is more vulnerable to lifting and sensitivity during waxing.
- Other acne medications not listed above
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (Glycolic, Lactic)
- Oral Antibiotics
- Topical Antibiotics
- Salicylic Acids
- Any acid based products
THESE PRECAUTIONS AND CONSIDERATIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED
- You must wait a minimum of seven (7) days to wax, after a light chemical peel or microdermabrasion
- No waxing if you have had a laser skin resurfacing within the past year
- No waxing if you have had a physician administered peel within the past two (2) years
- Women may experience extra sensitivity to waxing up to a week prior to the beginning of their period
- No waxing on sunburned skin
- No waxing on irritated areas
THESE FACTORS ARE KNOWN TO MAKE WAXING MORE PRONE TO “SKIN LIFTING”
- Taking blood-thinning medications
- Taking drugs for autoimmune disease
- Medications for Lupus
- Taking prednisone or steroids
- Psoriasis, eczema, or other chronic skin diseases
- Recent cosmetic or reconstructive surgery
- Recent laser skin treatment
- Severe varicose leg veins
- Rosacea or very sensitive skin
- History of cold sores or fever blisters (waxing can cause a flare-up)
- Using hydroquinone
- Recent surgical peel, microdermabrasion or chemical peel using glycolic, alpha hydroxy, or salicylic acid, or other acid-based products
WHEN TO BE CAUTIOUS
- You’re pregnant, taking birth control, hormone replacement, or antibiotics. Your skin may be more sensitive to waxing, best to have a patch test 24 hours before getting waxed.
- Smokers or those with Rosacea. Waxing can irritate dilated capillaries (weak or broken blood vessels) which are common with smokers or people with Rosacea. If the capillaries are very red, stay away from waxing that area.
- You take blood thinners, have diabetes, phlebitis or want post-cancer hair growth in the side-burn area removed. These all relate to medical conditions so first get a doctors approval before waxing. And bring in said approval on doctors letterhead.
- The use of powerful exfoliators on your skin. Salicylic, alpha-hydroxy acid.
- You use any product with white willow bark. White willow bark extract and enzymes all strip cells from the skin. It’s too much exfoliation combined with waxing and could make the skin red, bleed or even lift and turn scabby.
- You recently consumed a lot of caffeine. This stimulant in your system can cause skin to be extra sensitive to waxing. Meaning you could get more red or inflamed than usual.
- Drinking alcohol the day of or the night before waxing. Alcohol causes the blood to rise to the surface of the skin and can cause the skin to bruise easily.
- Stop using the above products in the area getting waxed for at least three (3) days before, and three to four days after waxing. If the alpha-hydroxy is over 8% then you should wait months before safely waxing.
NEVER WAX WHEN
- You currently take Accutane or have stopped taking it for less than a year.
- You’re taking any prescription acne medication.
- You have Lupus or Aids.
- You’re in cancer therapy getting chemotherapy or radiation.
- You have been in direct sunlight for a long period of time.
- You have used a tanning bed within the last 24 hours.
- Areas you’re using any alpha hydroxy acids over 8%.
- Over or around body piercings.
NEVER EVER WAX IRRITATED, INFLAMED, CUT, OR SUNBURNED SKIN.
“Hello…I am Pooja. I was born and raised in West India. When I moved to the United States I quickly got myself into school at Aveda Institute where I graduated and received my Aesthetics license. I have been in business for myself for 10 years now and have been honing my craft for 13 years. I enjoy spending time with my family and traveling together when we get a chance. In my youth, I enjoyed drawing and painting. With a family, I have little time to spend being artistic so I use my job as a way to express my creativity. I believe your eyebrows can transform your facial appearance; therefore, it is very important to create a shape that will enhance your natural beauty. I pride myself in being able to match face structures with the perfectly shaped eyebrows to enhance your natural beauty. I specialize in Brow shaping and Microblading, however, I have many other services I provide including eyelash extensions, body waxing and more. Whether you like your brows waxed, or are sold on the preciseness of Threading only, I am the perfect match for you. I look forward to meeting you all and helping you achieve your beauty goals anyway I can.”